ACU Police Department Chief Jimmy Ellison said personnel inside the Hunter Welcome Center reported smelling an electrical odor at 9:45 a.m. last friday, April 8.
ACUPD, Abilene Fire Department and facilities management responded to the scene to check on the situation.
The building was evacuated for 20 minutes as a safety precaution said Elizabeth McAnally, Hunter Welcome Center Event Coordinator.
No fire or smoke was found anywhere inside of the building, Ellison said, only an electrical burn odor.
The source of the smell turned out to be an issue with a light fixture. There was an overheated track light in the Hall of Honor, McAnally said.
“Overall the incident lasted only about 30 to 40 minutes and the building was reopened without incident,” Ellison said.
Comments are closed